Monday, December 13, 2010

My third splash - Gabriella


Being the youngest addition to our family, Gabriella is very much our Princess. She is a pure delight and blessing to us, and an example in every way.
She was born in 40 minutes and weighed a whopping 9lb 3oz, just like her big brother, Ethan. She was an angel as a baby, sleeping through the night and being the most content person I know. As a 10 year old she hasn't changed a bit. Always a smile on her face, a best friend to everyone she meets, and a sharp sense of humor that will have you in fits of laughter.
I call Gabriella 'self esteem on legs,' as she always has the right thing to say to make you feel good about yourself. You will never find a kinder soul.
One of my favorite memories was when Gabby and I took a road trip to Utah together. She was the best company, and such an angel on such a long drive. We pulled over wherever we felt like and enjoyed the views, we sang at the top of our voices, and giggled at each others jokes. At one point we were caught in really bad fog, and I pulled over at a hotel to spend the night. Better safe then sorry. As we unloaded the car to check in, Gabby started telling me ghost stories. I laughed them off when we were outside, but I felt a little spooked when I got to the room! Who knew a 9 year old could give her mum the creeps! LOL Well I was laying in bed, and a voice spoke from the dark. "Hey mum, are you scared?" I admitted to being a little creeped out. The next thing I knew, she jumped into my bed and offered to keep me safe. I was laughing for so long over that. She is such a character, and really brightens my day

No comments:

Post a Comment