Friday, December 10, 2010

My first Splash - Brendon



Brendon came into my life as he was hitting his teens, but he is every inch my son.
When I had given birth to my other children, there was that moment when you get to hold them for the first time, and you get that feeling. You know, the feeling of knowing they are yours. Well, I didn't expect to have that with Brendon since we were late off our starting block, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
It was the day of my wedding to Arlan. I was in the bedroom at Carma, and Rich's house, waiting till it was time for me to make an appearance. There was a knock at the door, and it was Brendon. He had come to tell me that everyone was ready. He came into the room, and he gave me one of those really sincere hugs that feels more like a squeeze, and I squeezed him back. With all the excitement of that day, and all the feelings already buzzing through me, I was surprised to feel even more during that hug. It was the very same feeling I got when I held my other children for the first time. It had nothing to do with birthing, or how tiny and dependent they were. It had nothing to do with the anticipation of their arrival, but it had everything to do with that knowing, that wonderful knowing that you are meant to be together. Brendon was mine, and I loved him with everything in me.
I love being his mother, and only wish I could have been there for more of his life. But I'm here now, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I swear, there is no nicer name then Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment