Thursday, December 16, 2010

The best father in law EVER!

I have been blessed to have a wonderful father in law. You can't know him and not totally love him.
I had been on one date with Arlan when he asked me to call him Dad! LOL No pressure or anything. But Dad is what his name became, and a Dad is very much what he has been. I just love him.
My favorite memory of Dad is when Arlan and I were going on a date. He sat with us both, but spoke to Arlan. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen, to see a father tell his son that he raised him the right way and to treat me with complete respect and honor my virtue or answer to him!
Even though we were grown up, and we have both been married before, there were no giggles or feeling silly. Arlan admires his dad completely and often says he is still only a small chip off a large block. He loves who his dad is and what he stands for.
As for me, I was taken back a little at first, but in no way felt like we were being treated like children. I felt respected. And judging by the amazing husband I have in my life, I don't think it would be a bad thing for more Dads to sit down with their sons and tell them how to treat women.
Dad is an author of A gathering of wolves, and The blind ladys sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment